Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Post 1




         I have decided to read the book This Is Your Brain On Music: The Science of a Human Obsession by Daniel J. Levitin.  I haven't read much of it yet, but I am planning on reading 30 pages of it tonight.  This book is about the role that music plays in everyday human life and explores the science behind why people enjoy music.  As it says in the title, music does seem to be a human obsession.  I am interested in reading about the theories of why music plays such a large role in human life and why it is so pleasurable to listen to.  I am hoping that these theories will help me create songs based on specific emotions, so that I can designate an emotion for each song.  I will take what I learn from this book and incorporate it into my project in hopes that it will help me in my process of musical creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment