Monday, May 5, 2014
Today in class I will look over the material I have and begin to organize all of the separate recordings. I have various recordings and versions of a chord progression that is the base of the song. I also recorded a jam session over the weekend that includes a ukulele and the bongos, which I may or may not use. My new goal is to have 3 songs for the final product.
I have also been working on a song that features the piano that I plan to use. I have found that it takes a lot of hard work and thinking to find the exact sound that I want. Creating just the first song has taken many hours of brainstorming and editing. For me, the most effective way to brainstorm or create something interesting has been to improvise with others who play different instruments. I have created the majority of my material with this method. I will continue to use this method and I am planning on completing the first song by Friday. I am already partly done with the second song and have a basic outline for the third. I will continue to read "This Is Your Brain On Music". As I read farther in the book I am finding helpful tips an theories that help me understand what makes an interesting song. I have also learned some interesting things about what the mind finds interesting when listening to music and how I can effect people with music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment